Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you in touch with news and events in our wonderful village of Keevil come rain or shine.
The next PARISH COUNCIL meeting is tonight Monday 9th May in the village hall, starting with the Annual Meeting of the Parish Council at 7pm, followed immediately by the Ordinary Meeting. The Agendas are here along with minutes of past meetings. Two planning applications will be discussed at the Ordinary meeting so do come along if you’d like to express any views to the Parish Council:
- PL/2021/11437 for a proposed detached annex for a dependent relative – at 96 Baldham SN12 6PW
- PL/2022/02632 for an outdoor, in-ground swimming pool situated within garden adjacent to house; removal of existing modern (post listing) greenhouse; no alterations to any trees – at Chattan Wick Farm BA14 6NH
- This Wednesday 11th May the WI will be meeting to discuss this years Resolution: ‘Women and Girls with ASD and ADHD…’ which will guide the next WI campaign;
- The next walk will be a light stroll around North Bradley on Friday 13th May with lunch at the Rising Sun – full details on the page, please contact Rachel or Tony if you’d like to join;
- BREAKFAST is back in the CHURCH on Saturday 14th May from 9am ’til 11 – no need to book, just come and enjoy a lovely hot bacon or sausage butty with a cup of tea or coffee – proceeds to church funds;
- Our Keevil Cricket Club are up and running again for the new season, the next home game is a friendly v Heytesbury on Sunday 15th at 2pm on the Manor ground. AND they are more than ready to give a warm welcome to anyone of any ability who’d like to join and play Sunday friendly fixtures – always a delightful tea, and a celebration beverage after, to make it worth it!
Keep checking details of JUBILEE events in Keevil on the Jubilee Happenings page here – the latest is the Jubilee Table Party on Friday 3rd June at 7.30pm in the village hall – there’ll be dancing to music through the decades and all manner of fun, see page for more deets…
Also keep your eyes peeled for your invitation to the ANNUAL PARISH COMMUNITY MEETING on Friday 27th May coming through your letterbox in the next week…
We send a special Keevil welcome to Svetya, with our hopes for the safety of her family still in Ukraine. Jane Knowles is co-ordinating refugee support activity in the village; for the latest on Ukraine support in Wiltshire, Wiltshire Council is holding a public webinar at 6:30pm on Monday 16 May, which will provide an opportunity to find out more information and ask questions. There will be updates on the council work to support refugees including accommodation checks and payments for sponsors through the Homes for Ukraine scheme and help with school places. There will also be discussion of community support and how people can be involved.
People can join the webinar by using this link https://bit.ly/3kBbOsc on the day. You can submit any questions you have in advance, by emailing them to email@example.com.
That’s all for now folks – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob and Sarah #StaySafe 🙂