Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you in touch with news and events in our wonderful village of Keevil come rain or shine.
Well here we are almost in May, dandelions are providing a nectar-rich carpet everywhere and beautiful cow parsley is lining fields, hedgerows and byways all over… our WI are leading a wild flower initiative up at the village pond and encouraging us all to join in No Mow May, see the WI page for more deets.
Which means that The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations at the beginning of June are not far behind – we’ll be adding details of events in Keevil on the Jubilee Happenings page here – and don’t forget, all children living in Keevil aged 11 and under on 1st September 2022 are eligible for a gift of a free bone china commemorative mug – see page for details, and contact Caroline Munday to claim your gift.
- Our indefatigable Keevil Cricket Club kick off the 2022 season this Saturday 30th April with a League match vs Ramsbury at home on our beautiful Manor ground. League games are a 1pm start, all League and Friendly fixtures up to the beginning of June are now up on the website, along with a new gallery of images from last years home game vs Trowbridge 🙂
- 1st Tuesday Club, is back on Tuesday 3rd May 2.30pm in the village hall – do drop in for a cuppa and a chat, there is always great cake, and don’t forget the Post Office will be open too, with Laura’s lovely eggs usually available;
- May the Fourth be with you (I know, the old ones are always the best, right? Happy Star Wars Day!) – and it certainly will be on Wednesday 4th May with the ART GROUP meeting at 10am, followed by the CRAFT GROUP at 2pm, both in the village hall;
- The following week Wednesday 11th May the WI will be meeting to discuss this years Resolution: ‘Women and Girls with ASD and ADHD…’ which will guide the next WI campaign;
- The Walking Group had a fantastic ramble around Pear Tree Hill and Erlestoke earlier this week, the bluebells were simply stunning! The next walk will be a light stroll around North Bradley on Friday 13th May with lunch at the Rising Sun – full details on the page, please contact Rachel or Tony if you’d like to join;
- BREAKFAST is back in the CHURCH on Saturday 14th May from 9am ’til 11 – no need to book, just come and enjoy a lovely hot bacon or sausage butty with a cup of tea or coffee – proceeds to church funds;
The next PARISH COUNCIL meeting is Monday 9th May in the village hall, starting with the Annual Meeting of the Parish Council at 7pm, followed immediately by the Ordinary Meeting. Agendas will be issued next week, you can find minutes of past meetings here.
This year the ANNUAL PARISH COMMUNITY MEETING is Friday 27th May on the Banfield Recreation Ground, and aims to be a real celebration of our community with activities and displays from village groups, plus refreshments, from 4.30pm, and the Parish Meeting (where the Parish Council delivers it’s Annual Report) at 6pm in the main marquee. See page for deets as they come…
Wiltshire Council have finally approved (with conditions) the retrospective planning application PL/2021/04855 for seasonal farm workers caravan accommodation at Westwood Farm, you can view or download the Decision Notice and other documents here.
Budgets being what they are, Wiltshire Police don’t often have recruitment drives, so if you’re thinking of a new or different career, now is a rare opportunity to try for one of the 140 places that will begin training in 2023. If you’d like to know more, visit the police officer page on the Careers section of the Wiltshire Police website here.
That’s all for now folks – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob and Sarah #StaySafe 🙂