Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you in touch with news and events in our wonderful village of Keevil come rain or shine.
First and most important, a reminder of the OPEN MEETING of Keevil Neighbourhood Watch this coming Thursday 17th March at 7.30pm in the village hall. The NHW team missed their annual meeting last spring due to Covid, so a get-together of Co-ordinators, supporters, plus an update of the Plan and data is well overdue – and they’d like to extend the invitation to all Keevil residents. It will be a fabulous chance for us all to hear more about what the team do, see how much (or little) is involved, and perhaps consider how we might offer our support in some small way. Paul promises the meeting will not take longer than an hour 🙂
Also coming up…
- The WALKING GROUP have some super walks and bimbles lined up over the coming months, with a mobility-scooter-accessible bimble along the Devizes towpath next Tuesday March 22nd, a smashing ramble around Pear Tree Hill and Erlestoke Woods on Tuesday April 26th, another delightful ramble around North Bradley on Friday 13th May, plus a full season of Summer Bimbles starting in June – see page for all the details;
- The legendary annual QUIZ AND FISH & CHIP SUPPER NIGHT is back on Saturday 26th March 7pm in the village hall;
- And The George is back in business for PUB NIGHT on Friday 1st April 7pm in the village hall – no need to book, just turn up, and get a free ploughmans with your first drink! Everyone welcome!
- Of course we’ll all be up with the larks the following morning Saturday 2nd April to join the ANNUAL KEEVIL GBSC LITTER PICK – details to follow…
- Tea, cake and good conversation will be the order of the afternoon when Bob dons his pinny and grabs his teapot for 1st Tuesday on 5th April, 2.30pm in the village hall;
- Also on Tuesday 5th April at 7.30pm in the village hall there is a PUBLIC MEETING to discuss the Motorsport activity on the airfield, so do come along to give your views if you can;
- Spring may be in the air but so is bacon with BREAKFAST IN CHURCH back in business on Saturday 9th April from 9am ’til 11. No need to book, just come along and enjoy! Future breakfast dates also Saturday 14th May, 4th June, and 9th July, so put the dates in your diary;
- You know spring is on it’s way when thoughts begin to turn to thoughts of cricket, and we’re excited that the Keevil Cricket Club Quiz Night (which is NOT all about cricket, we hasten to add!) is making a welcome return on Friday 22nd April, 7.30pm at the village hall – again, more details will follow as we get them…
We have all been devastated by the horror of events in Ukraine, and villagers have been pulling out all the stops to do something to help:
- This coming Saturday 19th March our Keevil WI are holding a Coffee Morning for Ukraine, 10-12
in the village hall, in aid of Ukraine DEC Humanitarian appeal – please support, there will be cake to buy as well as consume, and lots of buckets to donate whatever you can spare…
- SPARE FOREIGN COINS? Robert Morgan works for British Airways and their current onboard appeal is raising money for the Disaster Emergency Committee (DEC). If anyone has any foreign currency, notes or coins in any denomination, knocking around in the back of the kitchen draw then he can collect it, take it into work to be exchanged to do good. He’ll support our WI and get a collection bag to the village hall next Saturday but if anyone wants to drop money off to Stocks cottage, 42 Martins Road then please feel free…
- Wiltshire Council Singers and the Keevil Singers are holding a Sing For Ukraine Concert & Singalong in aid of the people of Ukraine on Wednesday 23rd March, 7.30pm, at Holy Trinity Church Trowbridge BA14 9AA – Tickets £5 on the door or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wiltshire Council are also encouraging people to consider donating to the Ukraine Disaster Emergency Committee Appeal, which is providing urgent humanitarian aid including food, water, shelter, healthcare and protection. They have also set up a Ukraine support page on their website.
That’s all for now folks – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob and Sarah #StaySafe 🙂