Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you in touch with news and events in our wonderful village, whatever the weather.
If you’re a follower of the village Facebook page, you’ll have seen some pretty cool images from Keevilians fast with their camera phones late Wednesday evening, when a Virgin balloon flight came over low to land in the field by lower Main Street! We may be used to various flying machines on the airfield, but this was certainly a little more unusual… 🙂
At a loose end this weekend? if you’re not watching our village cricket, you can support the Wiltshire Bobby Van Trust and the Wiltshire Air Ambulance with a visit to Middlewick House Gardens in Corsham. Now the home of Wiltshire Air Ambulance ambassadors Nick Mason (of Pink Floyd) and his actress wife Annette Lynton Mason, the gardens will be open 11am-4.30pm 26-27 June. A selection of Nick’s classic and high performance cars will join a menagerie of animals, artisan and trader stalls, plus refreshments, cakes and a barbeque to keep you nourished! Booking details here.
If you’ve been wondering why the Parish Council doesn’t hold meetings remotely any more, these two BBC news stories might shed some light – councils everywhere are having to get creative with venues, shame Keevil doesn’t have a beach! Zoom meetings ban sees Middlewich Town Council convene in car park and Weymouth Town Council holds meeting on beach.
- The agenda for next Wednesday’s Parish Council meeting has been published: Agenda for June 30th 2021.
- The next stage of non-statutory consultation on the A350 Melksham Bypass began on Wednesday and will run until Sunday 8th August;
- See here for the latest consultation documents, to comment on the proposals, or to book onto online engagement events on Tuesday 6 July at midday, and/or Tuesday 13 July at 6pm;
- You can listen to a recording of the launch presentation at Wednesdays Melksham Area Board meeting by clicking the relevant link on the agenda: Steve Wilson starts his presentation at 07:14 and lasts for about an hour including questions.
- Some of you may also be interested in two proposed cycling schemes: one to link Hilperton to Melksham via Semington, and one for an Easton Lane cycle link between Chippenham and Corsham. See details and how to comment on the schemes here, the consultation is open until 18th July.
- Motorists, there’s a temporary road closure planned on the B3098 (Part), Westbury and Bratton; from Bitham Park to Court Lane, anticipated from 30th July till 11th August between the hours of 07:00 and 19:00.
Following the sad death of Michael Braund, we’ve been asked to let you know that the hearse carrying Michael to the crematorium will be leaving Keevil from his home at 70 Martins Road next Wednesday 30th June at 11.30am – anyone wishing to is more than welcome to come and see him off…
That’s all for now folks – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob and Sarah #StaySafe 🙂