Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you up to speed with village matters during these extraordinary times.
Celebrating the 75th Anniversary of VE Day was a quiet affair in Keevil, coming as it did during the ongoing pandemic restrictions to slow the spread of Covid-19. But that didn’t stop villagers hanging an abundance of bunting and flags around the village, and the occasional impromptu gathering – from a safe distance, of course! Most impressive was the original wind-up gramaphone the Halls were playing, the sound was fantastic! And no wifi required 🙂
A gallery of photographs taken around the village on Friday afternoon (on my daily exercise, and practicing safe social distancing, of course!) is now live – happy to add your own images if you’d like, see the Contact Page for how to send them…
Read more about the history and national tributes from The Royal British Legion and VE Day 75…
Janet Hopkins delightedly reports that the response from villagers supporting the Storehouse Foodbank in Trowbridge has been outstandingly generous; she says “As everyone will know, the current pandemic has had an adverse effect on the lives of so many people, and the Foodbank is an invaluable source of support.” Donations from Keevil will next be taken to the Foodbank this Friday 15th May, so if you have donations, please ensure that they are in the box in the Church porch by Thursday evening. Thanks very much!
Keevil Community Amenties Trust
The KCAT committee announced at the beginning of April that it’s AGM would proceed via email this year, due, of course, to Covid-19 restrictions. A summary of the email discussions that took place between the Trustees is now available. The Trust has responsibility for the booking and administration of the village Marquees and tables, and also keeps a record of the Shed finances.
Keevil School’s Planning Application 20/01720/FUL for a new 1.8m high black metal bow top fencing has been WITHDRAWN – see agent’s letter here.
Keevil School has also submitted a new application 20/03153/FUL to re-site the sheds, further to the temporary one-year permission granted a year ago (report here). At the time of writing, Buzz has not been notified of the Parish Council’s plans for discussion of this application.
- View and download plans and documents here
- View list of consultees here
- Comment on the application here
- Consultation deadline Thursday 4th June 2020, with target date for decision Tuesday 9th June 2020
We thought we’d give a shout-out for a couple of awesome causes…
- Pat and John Tucker’s incredible daughter Julia has slightly lost her marbles because she’s doing a wing walk – yup, you heard that right, A WINGWALK ON AN AIRBORNE BIPLANE in aid of the Wiltshire Air Ambulance, on 14th July – do give her all the support you can spare, her JustGiving page is here.
- Dorothy House have launched a virtual Big Breakfast 5k Fun Run. Between now and Sunday 21 June you can get some exercise and help raise vital funds for Dorothy House and patient care in your community! You can do a virtual 5k anywhere and at any time that suits you and you don’t even have to do it in one go! Do the 5k on your own or with the kids. You can fundraise by logging in your steps, walks or runs online each day until you hit the magic 5k target. You can even do over it over a few weeks, just make sure you complete the full 5k by 21 June!
COVID-19 is having a huge impact on every corner of our community: invaluable resources such as our air ambulances, hospice care and many other patient services have had to close shops and stop fundraising activities, and their limited funds are being stretched to the limit. So every little really does help.
Over and out for now folks – if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob & Sarah #StayHomeSaveLives