Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – a quick update of anything that’s changed on our village website recently and a reminder of events coming up soon.
Saturday’s Folk Night was a sold-out success, with a fantastic line-up of talent on stage: opening newcomers Fly Yeti Fly (we want to see more of you two!), welcome returns for Mike Deverall and Feral Beryl, and the indomitable Folklaw lads setting the stage alight as they closed the show. We missed Mike Scott and send him our very best wishes, also Folklaw’s Martin Vogwell – please be more careful around those locks! Image gallery now live!
- Deadline for the April edition of the Village Magazine is next Thursday 21st March.
- The Keevil Ramblers walk around Box Hill and the Bybrook valley originally planned for 13th March was postponed because of the weather this week, and will now go ahead on Monday 25th March, do let Suzanne know if you can make this new date.
- Fancy something different? The next Gentleman’s Skittles evening is also next Thursday 21st March 7.30pm at The Cross Keys, Rowde, see page for details.
- And yes it’s Great British Spring Clean time again! Come and help with a spot of litter-picking around the village and know that, for one weekend at least, our village is a litter-free zone! Details here, meet at the village hall 9.30am Saturday 30th March.
There are two Planning Meetings of the Parish Council coming up: one tomorrow to discuss the application for various conversions at Pinkney House (out on the lane leading to the Wick farms) and one next Saturday to discuss the application for the storage sheds on the Main Street side of the playground at Keevil School. See details below or on the Planning page.
- Saturday 16th March 9.30am: Planning Application 19/01728/FUL and 19/01953/LBC at Pinkney House, 84 Keevil, a Grade II Listed Building. Agenda: 2019_03_16 Planning Meeting Agenda. Download application plans and documents here.
- Saturday 23rd March 9.30am: Planning Application 19/01975/FUL
at Keevil Church Of England Primary School, Main Street for a
5 year temporary planning permission for 3 external storage sheds. Agenda: Planning Meeting Agenda School. Download application plans and documents here.
Advice on commenting or objecting to a planning application
- From Wiltshire Council: http://planning.wiltshire.gov.uk/Northgate/PlanningExplorer/Home.aspx
- From the Council for the Protection of Rural England – including a sample letter of objection: https://planninghelp.cpre.org.uk/improve-where-you-live/how-to-comment-on-a-planning-application
That’s all for now folks! Keep spreading the word with your family, friends and neighbours to FOLLOW THE BUZZ too!
Bob & Sarah