Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – a quick update of anything that’s changed on our village website recently and a reminder of events coming up soon.
First up is a last minute addition to the busy Keevil social calendar – next Saturday 6th October Paul Lenaerts is hosting a morning of APPLE PRESSING on his lawn from 9.30am – everyone is welcome to rock up with their apples and join in the fun – don’t forget containers to put your juice in!
As reported in the last BUZZ, the Railway Heritage Group annual outing was a steaming success (see what we did there?), and a small gallery of pictures is now live – great memories of a fabulous day.
The Keevil Ramblers were blessed with fantastic weather this week for Tony & Rachel’s walk around the Somerset countryside – a few images over here. Fingers crossed we are as lucky in a few weeks time when Paul and John lead a ramble from Poulshot – see the Walking page for details.
- Tea & Chat next week on Tuesday in the village hall – there will be cake 🙂
- Both the Art Group and the Craft group get together again next Wednesday, why not join them and start (or finish!) that project you’ve been meaning to get around to?
- The Keevil WI meet on 10th with a timely talk on THE TOP 5 WAYS TO STAY HEALTHY by Claire Gregory – not a moment too soon as the Christmas season looms…
- And although we don’t have a pub, we do have the odd PUB NIGHT in the village hall, so make the most of The George throwing open its doors again on Friday 12th October – an informal and relaxing evening for everyone. No tickets required, just come and enjoy.
18/07717/FUL Land at Martins Road (behind the recently refurbished terraced cottages): this concerns the development of a single 3 bedroom unit house with associated double garage, garden, driveway and access in what was originally the garden of the cottages.
There have been several new documents added to the portal in the last week, including correspondence from both the applicant and his agent that seek to respond to matters raised by the Parish Council and other letters of representation. They are worth a read if you are interested in this application, in particular the comments by the applicant here.
It’s also worth mentioning that, although the Consultation period expired yesterday, Jonathan Seed has previously said when attending our Parish Council meetings that letters of representation can be made up to the point of decision. That is still stated as being October 9th, but may change as the application has now been formally ‘called in’ before the Western Area Planning Committee.
So if you have comments to make regarding this proposal, there should still be opportunity to do:
- Online here on the planning portal
- By email to email@example.com
- By letter to James Taylor (Case Officer), Planning Department, Wiltshire Council, Bythesea Road, Trowbridge, BA14 8JN
You can lobby Jonathan Seed, quoting planning application 18/07717/FUL as follows:
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By telephone: 01380 850696 or mobile 07770 774463
- By post to ‘Wayside’, Chittoe Heath, Bromham, Wiltshire, SN15 2EH
- Via his website www.jonathonseed.com
You can also copy our Parish Councillors into your comments if you wish. Their details are here.
Advice on commenting or objecting to a planning application
- From Wiltshire Council: http://planning.wiltshire.gov.uk/Northgate/PlanningExplorer/Home.aspx
- From the Council for the Protection of Rural England – including a sample letter of objection: https://planninghelp.cpre.org.uk/improve-where-you-live/how-to-comment-on-a-planning-application
That’s all for now. Do encourage your family, friends and neighbours to FOLLOW THE BUZZ too!
Bob & Sarah