Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you in touch with happenings in Keevil village come rain or shine…
And what a Coronation weekend that was! We might have got a bit wet putting the gazebos up last Saturday morning, but everything else went pretty much to plan, from the brilliant Pub night at The George, to the fabulous Street Party and then a smashing Service & Tea at St Leonards to round things off. Thank you to everyone who pitched, baked, coloured, sewed, decorated, served, cleaned, swept, washed, prayed, came, ate, drank, talked, toasted and helped in a hundred other little ways that made our community celebrations something truly special. Some photos in the gallery here, if you have any others you’d like to add, just email Sarah 😉
Also coming up…
- This Monday 15th May at 8pm the organising team for the Keevil Roots Summer Festival are holding a meeting in the village hall to finalise arrangements with the team of volunteers. They’re going to need stewards, runners and helpers of all sorts, so if you’d like to get involved, do drop in, they’d love to see you!
- The next VILLAGE MAGAZINE deadline is looming: Thursday 18th May 5pm deadline for June edition;
- As May fixtures get going for KEEVIL CRICKET CLUB we’re wishing them lots of luck in today’s away match vs Hinton Charterhouse and look forward to a return to the Manor home ground next Saturday 20th May vs Winsley 2nds. The following weekend 27th May is away vs Beehive Southwick;
- Also a reminder of the Keevil School Scarecrow Trail next weekend 20th & 21st May – follow Trail news on Facebook;
- The MOBILE LIBRARY is back on 22nd May, 10.35 – 10.55 outside Rose & Crown Cottages;
- Keevil School hope to hold their annual Sports Day on the Banfield Recreation Ground the morning of 24th May 2023 (weather permitting).
- The Walking Group have another fabulous and easy ramble around the Winsley area on Thursday 25th May, with lunch at the Seven Stars. See page for full deets, menu choices for lunch will be needed by 19th May;
- Have you booked your evening tickets for KEEVIL ROOTS on Saturday 17th June yet? Geoff West will sort you out – 01380 870425 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Other Parish and Community Matters
Don’t forget the Annual Parish Community meeting on Friday 26th May – in the village hall this year, with village groups plus cheese & nibbles, wine, tea and coffee served from 6pm. The Parish Council Chair will report to the parish at 6.30pm.
Remember, the Community Meeting is NOT a council meeting, and you may vote on items on the agenda, which will be issued next week. There’s lots the Parish Council want to hear from residents about, including dog poo initiatives, Recreation Ground amenities, Coronation commemorative ideas, a new Climate & Environment working group, and more. So do come join in. Any questions or enquiries >> Geoff or Sarah, contact details here.
JIM CARPENTER’S FUNERAL
By special request, we’ve been asked to announce Jim’s funeral service will be held at the West Wiltshire Crematorium, Semington, at 3.30pm on Monday 22nd May, and afterwards at the Keevil Village Hall. Family flowers only, donations to Dorothy House. There’s no dress code.
That’s all for now folks – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Andie, Bob and Sarah #justlovingvillagelife 🙂