Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you in touch with happenings in Keevil village come rain or shine…
First, a quick reminder that tomorrows Family Service in St Leonard’s Church is at the later time of 11am (not 9.15am as published in the magazine) – there’s also a christening and everyone is welcome to come. Also a heads-up on the Folk Night: tickets are now SOLD OUT but you can contact Rachel & Tony to go on the waiting list just in case anyone can’t make it and hands their ticket back…
- 1st Tuesday tea & cake on Tuesday 7th February 2.30-4pm, join friends and neighbours for cake and a cuppa in the village hall – Post Office also open, and Laura’s eggs are laying again!
- Would you like to know more about the village Walking Group? We’ll be planning the 2023/24 season on Tuesday 7th February, 10.30am at Little Martins, do get in touch or come along, coffee will be served. You don’t have to be a regular walker, and we’re always looking for fresh ideas! Rachel & Tony (01380) 870661;
- Keevil’s WI are looking forward to a talk on Antique Silver by Gordon Brockman on 8th February, whilst also busy getting ready for their Coffee Morning on Saturday 18th February at 10.30am in the village hall – details on the WI page;
- Hot bacon and sausage butties are back on the St Leonard’s kitchen menu with BREAKFAST IN CHURCH on Saturday 11th February 9-11am, no booking needed just come and enjoy a natter with friends;
- The Walking Group have a fabulous walk around Badminton planned for Tuesday 21st February, with lunch at the Fox & Hounds in Acton Turville. All deets on the page, let walk leaders know if you’d like to go along;
- Finally, it’s time to get your name down for the annual BANGERS & MASH LUNCH on Saturday 4th March 12 noon in the village hall – yet another fabulous chance to share a winter lunch together, booking deets on the page;
The next Ordinary Parish Council meeting will be Monday 6th March at 7.30pm, but there will also be Planning Meeting on Monday 13th February at 8.15pm to discuss a new application that requires a response before March: do come along to the meeting if you have a view you would like the Parish Council to consider in their consultee response :-
- PL/2023/09841(Listed Building Consent) at 80 Main Street BA14 6ND to replace existing single glazed windows with double glazed equivalent, and first floor window on South East elevation changed from 9 panes to 6 panes to match rest of house.
OH YES YOU DO!
Keevil Drama Group has been in existence for over fifty years, bringing lots of fun and laughter to our village community. Typically the drama year staged a summer murder mystery and a main production late November, but the pandemic put a stop to that and numbers have since dwindled due to members moving away or leaving to pursue other interests. Unless new members can be found, the drama group will sadly have to fold and this is why we are reaching out.
There are many ways you can be involved – props, costumes, scenery design and painting, lighting, stage effects, front of house to name just a few. Someone willing to direct is also needed. Honestly, no specific skills are required, just a sense of humour and a commitment to making productions a success and enabling this important community group to continue for another fifty years!
Do come along for a glass of wine in the Village Hall on FRIDAY 24th FEBRUARY 7.30pm to 8.30pm to meet some of the group and have a chat. If you’re not free that evening but might be interested in joining, please call Vivien Scott on 01380 871447 or Diane Bouault on 01380 870545
That’s all for now folks – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob and Sarah #StaySafe #KeepWarm and #EatCake 🙂