Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you in touch with village news and events in Keevil come rain or shine.
The weather looks like it’s staying warm and dry for the weekend, which is good news for Saturday morning’s Churchyard Working Party – yup that’s probably today by the time you read this – if you have an hour or two to spare, an extra pair of hands is always welcome, just turn up anytime from 10am.
And this afternoon, the Keevil Cricket Club are back in action with a League game against Beckington starting at 1pm – what better way to relax and enjoy the view from our lovely home ground at The Manor…
- Its time for some tea, cake and good conversation this Tuesday 5th July, when Bob is back with his teapot for 1st TUESDAY CLUB 2.30-4pm in the village hall – don’t forget the Post Office is also open where you can pick up some of Laura’s lovely eggs;
- The Art Group returns this Wednesday 3rd August 10-12.30 (village hall), so if you’ve been itching to stretch your creative side you’ll find them great company and support 🙂
- And the following week on Wednesday 10th August its the turn of the Craft Group from 2-4pm;
- In the evening Wednesday 10th August the WI are meeting for a fabulous BBQ and it’s bring-a-friend night, so if you’re not a member, grab yourself a WI friend and come join the girl talk!
- The summer is definitely a time for putting your feet up in the garden with a good book, and if you need inspiration, the MOBILE LIBRARY is back Monday 15th August 10.35 – 10.55 outside the Rose & Crown Cottages at Stocks Green;
- Talking of feet, the Walking Group have more great summer strolls in store, starting with a smashing little ramble around the Erlestoke area on Wednesday 17th August led by Steve and Jan Ryan, with lunch at the George and Dragon; and on Wednesday 31st August a delightful and super-easy little bimble along the river Avon from Saltford led by Geoff West, with lunch at The Crown, Saltford – all walk deets on the page;
- And on Saturday 20th August one of the true highlights of the Keevil calendar, the CHURCH & VILLAGE FETE opens at 2pm in the grounds of Keevil Manor… this is not an event to be missed no matter what the weather is doing! – but we got rained on so much last year, we figure the sun will be shining on Keevil this summer…
Wiltshire Council passed the following decisions recently:
- PL/2021/03402 at Portway Barn, Main Street for the Change of Use of Agricultural Building to a (Class C3) Dwellinghouse and associated operational development was PRIOR APPROVAL NOT REQUIRED with conditions: you can view or download Decision Notice, Delegated Officer report and other documents here, representations and comments here.
- PL/2021/11437 at 96 Baldham, Seend for a detached annex was APPROVE WITH CONDITIONS, you can view or download Decision Notice, Case Officer report and other documents here, representations and comments here.
There is a new Planning Application PL/2022/05506 at Chattan Wick Farm for the erection of a steel portal framed general purpose agricultural building – you can view or download plans and documents here, and comment on the application here. The Parish Council will be meeting on Monday 15th August at 7.30pm in the village hall to discuss.
Consultation events for the Keevil Airfield Airspace Change Proposal have now been completed, but the consultation itself remains open until 24th August, so there is still plenty of time to have your say. And please do take the time to submit your feedback – all responses are really important so that the Civil Aviation Authority can fully appreciate how the local community feels. Details and how to comment on the proposal are on the previous Buzz post. You can see comments that have given permission to be made public here.
And definitely finally…
The Wiltshire Air Ambulance is close to all our hearts – our favourite WAA pilot being a true Keevilian is only one of the many, MANY reasons the WAA is so special to those of us in small countryside villages – so we’re Buzzing up the Wiltshire Air Ambulance Brew with the Crew on Wednesday 7th September 11am – 1pm… if there’s one thing Keevilians do really well no-questions-asked it’s TEA and CAKE! So take a look and lets prove our legendary cake-consumption abilities (we may well need an airlift home…? just sayin’…) 😉
That’s all for now folks – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob and Sarah #StaySafe 🙂