Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you in touch with news and events in our wonderful village of Keevil come rain or shine.
It’s so good to hear our Railway Heritage Group trip is back on this year! Postponed since 2020 due to covid-19, the next trip on Thursday 15th September 2022 will be to the Mid Hants Railway (Watercress Line), involving a round trip on a steam train of approximately 1½ hours, as well as a visit to the Milestone Museum at Basingstoke.
The Mid Hants Railway offers a combined group ticket for both attractions, and, depending on the number of people, the cost (including Museum, Railway and return coach travel) will be in the region of £35-£40. As a deposit needs to be made when the booking is confirmed, Rachel and Tony would be very grateful if you could let them know as soon as possible if you would be interested 01380 870661.
Also coming up…
- BANGERS & MASH LUNCH is back this weekend Saturday 5th March 12 noon – 2.30pm in the village hall – it’s so great to see this back on the calendar after a two-year absence – tickets from Geoff West, lots more info on the page;
- The WI will be holding their AGM at next weeks meeting on Wednesday 9th March, followed by a picture quiz;
- We can’t wait for FOLK NIGHT on Saturday 12th March! It’s SOLD OUT but there is a reserve list…
- SIX NATIONS RUGBY will be streaming live in the village hall on Sunday 13th March (England v Ireland 4.45pm) and Saturday 19th March (Frances England 8pm) – £1 on the door, BYO refreshments, everyone welcome!
- The WALKING GROUP have a super mobility-scooter-accessible towpath bimble from Devizes on March 22nd – see page for full deets;
- Book your tickets for the annual QUIZ AND FISH & CHIP SUPPER NIGHT, back on Saturday 26th March 7pm in the village hall;
- And we’re so pleased to see The George throwing it’s doors open again for PUB NIGHT on Friday 1st April 7pm in the village hall – no need to book, just turn up, and get a free ploughmans with your first drink! Everyone welcome!
- And the following morning Saturday 2nd April we’ll all be up bright and early to join the ANNUAL KEEVIL GBSC LITTER PICK – details to follow…
- Keep an eye on the JUBILEE Happenings page for updates on activities planned by our lovely village groups on the Jubilee Bank Holiday Weekend.
The next meeting of the Parish Council is this coming Monday 7th March, at 7.30pm in the village hall, and the agenda is here: Agenda 2022-03-07 Ordinary Meeting. You can find draft minutes of previous meetings here.
The Parish Council are still looking to fill the post of Clerk/RFO and are keen to consider splitting the two parts of the role, so if you think you might be interested in either clerk or RFO duties, do get in touch for a chat.
Despite the best efforts of Paul Lenaerts and Dave Bouault to retire, they are still co-ordinating the Village Emergency Plan and NHW Scheme respectively because no-one has, so far, applied to take on these roles. Paul says:
“Speaking to Geoff West it seems that the Parish Council would like to maintain the Emergency Plan and the NHW Network and we agree that it would be a waste to let them wither, as maintenance is fairly minimal.
However, we missed our annual meeting last spring due to Covid so are overdue a get-together of NHW Co-ordinators and an update of the Plan and the data we keep.
We’ve put a date in the diary for a meeting and for the first time, agreed that we should invite all Keevil residents to attend.”
The meeting is planned for Thursday 17th March, 7.30pm in the Village Hall, and all villagers are most welcome to attend. This will be a great chance to hear more about these schemes, see how they are run, and maybe consider offering a little help in however small a way you can. Paul promises the meeting will not take longer than an hour 🙂
Full details of the original roles are still available on the PC website here.
Just a quick reminder that the recycling of crisp packets for Wiltshire Air Ambulance is sadly coming to an end, so all donations need to be on Pat’s doorstep by April 10th. More news on the volunteer FB page here. And well done Pat and everyone who’s supported this over the last few years!
That’s all for now folks – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob and Sarah #StaySafe 🙂