Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you in touch with news and events in our wonderful village of Keevil come rain or shine.
Let’s kick things off this bright sunny morning (well, it was morning when we started writing this, haha) with an URGENT NEWSFLASH: –
Tomorrow’s Breakfast in Church will be in the VILLAGE HALL
The recent high winds damaged a pinnacle on the church and it’s not safe to use the kitchen area, so Geoff and the Breakfast Team have decamped to the village hall – open from 9-11am with fabulous hot bacon baps, sausage butties, tea and coffee – what a wonderful way to start your valentine weekend!
Sunday church service will still go ahead but a different entrance will be used.
And we’re simply BUZZING that the village hall now has WIFI! The Village Hall Committee have announced the Hall now has the facility to live-stream events, including sports, the Queens Platinum Jubilee, films etc – all that’s needed is a laptop with internet access (cables will be supplied). See Pat Tucker for information and bookings 01380 871601 firstname.lastname@example.org.
To kick things off, the Six Nations Rugby Championship Tournament 2022 will be screened on :-
- Saturday 26th February England v Wales 4.45pm
- Sunday 13th March England v Ireland 4.45pm
- Saturday 19th March Frances England 8pm
If you’d like to come along, either contact Pat, or arrive on time to enjoy the game, £1 payable at the door, and you’re welcome to bring your own refreshments/children/ friends.
Also coming up…
- If you’ve any articles for the next VILLAGE MAGAZINE Pat will need them by 5pm on Thursday 17th February
- The WALKING GROUP have two great walks lined up with something for everyone: a circular ramble from Great Chalfield Manor to Broughton Gifford on 23rd February (Barbara will need your lunch orders no later than Sunday 20th) and a mobility-scooter-accessible towpath bimble from Devizes on March 22nd – see page for full deets;
- Our super-talented Keevil Singers are joining with the Wiltshire Council Singers for a SING INTO SPRING Concert and Singalong on 25th February, 7.30pm in St Leonard’s Church – its going to be fabulous, ticket deets on the page.
- 1st TUESDAY CLUB is back on Tuesday 1st March at 2.30 in the village hall, with lashings of tea, cake, good company and conversation – and the Post Office is open too!
- BANGERS & MASH LUNCH returns to its annual slot on Saturday 5th March 12 noon – 2.30pm in the village hall – so good to see this back on the calendar after a two-year absence – tickets from Geoff West, more info on the page;
- FOLK NIGHT on Saturday 12th March is now SOLD OUT but there is a reserve list…
We’ve made a page on the village website to gather information about any village happenings in connection with The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations, so make sure you save any dates in your diary, and do get in touch with Sarah or Bob if you have a happening you’d like to share!
- JUBILEE FAMILY BARBEQUE Saturday 4th June on the Banfield Recreation Ground
- SPECIAL JUBILEE CHURCH SERVICE Sunday 5th June at St Leonards Church
- FREE Jubilee Tree! There are still some trees left, so if you’d like to plant one or more in your garden, get in touch with Alex Goodwin.
First, Pat Tucker would like us to pass on the news that, because Walkers are ending their scheme with Terracycle, the recycling of crisp packets for Wiltshire Air Ambulance is sadly coming to an end. More news on the volunteer FB page here. Could you please ensure all donations are on Pat’s doorstep by April 10th as this will be the last chance to donate them. Pat says “I would like to thank everyone for their efforts over the last few years. We have helped this very important charity to stay in the air and help to save lives. and I am very grateful to everyone who has supported my efforts”.
And lastly Geoff West has updated the information about what to do in an emergency and need to use the DEFIBRILLATOR which we’ve added to the village website here. Geoff will also put a notice in the Telephone Box, you can download and print it out here if you’d like to keep it handy: Defibrillator
In case of emergencies
- The Defribrillator is located in the telephone kiosk on the corner of Main Street and Martins Road
- To access the equipment:
- Phone 999
- State location of kiosk OR give site location : WC0160
- You will then be given the code to access the cabinet.
- On taking the defibrillator out and opening it full verbal instructions are given on it’s use.
- After use:
- Return the equipment to the telephone kiosk and advise Geoff West on 01380 870425 so new pads can be re-ordered
That’s all for now folks – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob and Sarah #StaySafe 🙂