Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you in touch with all the good news and happy happenings in our wonderful village, whatever the weather 🙂
Whilst there is still a long way to go covid-wise, the roadmap remains positive (there’s a summary here from WC on what happens from May 17) and it’s so good to have some summer village events to look forward to at last! On which note, our resident Queen of Folk Rachel Howe tells us there are a very few tickets remaining for FOLK ON THE BOAT on Friday 16th July, so get in touch pronto before they get snapped up. Details on the page.
More stuff to look forward to…
- Keevil Cricket Club are due to be back in action at The Manor ground tomorrow 16th May v Heytesbury & Sutton Veny. Weather-depending we suspect! 😉
- CALLING ALL DRAMA QUEENS! The Drama Group is thinking about shaking the mothballs off the costume trunk and will be holding its first meeting on Thursday 20th May at 7.30pm in Geoff’s garden. Any new villagers wishing to go along they would love to see you, just give Geoff a shout: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 870425.
- The deadline for articles to be published in the June edition of the Village Magazine is 20th May at 5pm
- Wiltshire’s Mobile Library services will be back outside the Rose & Crown Cottages at Stocks Green on 24th May 10.35am
- The Walking Group are planning a very gentle Bimble on Wednesday 26th May from the Dove Inn at Corton, and then on Wednesday June 26th a longer Ramble from East Knoyle. All details on the page, for further information and to put your name on the list please let Geoff West know (same details as above)
Come and meet your new Parish Council 🙂 The next Parish Council meeting is the Annual Parish Council Meeting. Due to a recent ruling about the holding of remote meetings, this will now take place on Thursday 20th May at 7.30pm in St Leonard’s Church – note that social distancing rules will apply and attendees are asked to wear face masks (unless exempt). The agenda – Agenda for May 20th 2021 – Annual Parish Council Meeting after Elections – does not specify how comments in public forum are to be made, so please make any enquiries directly to the Clerk.
There are two planning applications to be discussed at this meeting:
- 21/02372/FUL at Springfield House, 11A Main Street BA14 6LU, to widen the entrance gateway at the property, comprising the removal of an existing garden retaining wall bounding one side of the entrance driveway and its rebuilding, using similar materials, on a new alignment set 1.3m back from the current alignment. More details on the Planning Matters page.
- PL/2021/05038 for proposed works to trees in a conservation area at Stocks Cottage, 42 Martins Road BA14 6NA.
Do you have FIFTEEN MINUTES to spare to listen to some music? If the answer is yes – and the benefits of pausing however briefly to be present in some musical moments cannot be overstated – then you will be delighted to learn that Celebrating Age Wiltshire are bringing one of their Doorstep Concerts to Myra and Karl’s at Highfield, 5 Main Street, Keevil for 10am on Friday 21st May. They’d love it if a few neighbours were able to go along and listen with them.
That’s all for now – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob and Sarah #StaySafe 🙂