Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – keeping you in touch with news and events in our wonderful village..
The weather still looks grim but Carol Singing is going ahead no matter what on Christmas Eve! As Paul says: “We thought we’d go for it – after all not many people will be going away and we (hopefully) won’t get another Christmas like this one, so why not make the best of it!” So – meet at 6pm outside Jane’s house at Stocks Green – if more than six people arrive, you’ll be split into two groups. No need to contact Paul or Jane – just turn up on the night.
If you haven’t been round the village looking at all the fabulous windows and lights yet, you really should – the minute it stops raining! 😉 As Janice Maskrey, Keevil WI President, says: “The Advent Windows are looking really lovely thank you everyone who has participated. If anyone could send me any photos I would be grateful as some WI members are unable to get out to see them.” Jan is thinking she might have them printed in a book to celebrate Keevil WI’s recent 80th Anniversary. You can contact Jan by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
On the subject of photographs, Sarah hopes to be out with the tripod one evening this week (if it ever stops raining), so if you see someone wrapped up like a christmas pudding training a camera on your window, don’t worry, that’ll be her most likely! Past years gallery here…
Keyboard and stool offer for St Leonard’s Church
For Sale and open to offers on behalf of St Leonard’s Church – Yamaha Clavinova CVP-8 with Advanced Wave Memory and music stool. The keyboard is approximately 2 metres long. Please private-message Rachel Howe, or email her on email@example.com, to register your interest and place offers.
- Remember, if you’re planning on going to the Christmas Day family service at St Leonard’s at 9:15am you will need to reserve seats in advance – call Gillian Walden or Gill Gosling by 23rd December, details here.
- The Keevil Walking Group will now be out for the Wingfield walk from the Poplars on Tuesday 5th January 2021. You must let Geoff West know if you are coming, and not already on his list.
A revised planning application 20/03881/FUL has been registered for The Fields, Stables Cottage, Keevil BA14 6NH, which is now described as Retrospective application for the creation of a single storey annex with proposed conversion of part of Dutch barn to extend the annex accommodation and the extension of the Dutch barn to provide additional agricultural storage with changes to the existing barn elevation
- NOTE the earlier version of this application was considered by the Parish Council on 7th September 2020, but the revisions mean it will be discussed again.
- View or download plans and documents here – revised plans and drawings submitted December.
- Comment on this application here
- Comments invited until consultation expiry Friday 8th January 2021. Target date for decision Wednesday 27th January 2021
The next Parish Council meeting will be Monday 4th January 2021. Draft minutes of the November meeting here.
Waste collection and recycling centre opening over Christmas and New Year
- There will be no collections on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
- There will be catch-up collections on Saturday 2 January and Saturday 9 January 2021.
- Garden waste collections will stop for two weeks over this period. The last collections will take place on Thursday 24 December and they will restart on Saturday 9 January 2021.
- All collections, including garden waste, return to normal from Monday 11 January 2021.
All household recycling centres will be closed from 1pm on 24 December and all day on 25 and 26 December and 1 January. Other than on these dates, the centres will open as normal on their specified opening days. Remember you need to book a slot online before visiting a household recycling centre.
Our lovely Christmassy church services aren’t quite the same this year, but that hasn’t stopped Rachel Howe and all the other church flower elves making St Leonards beautiful! Thanks Rachel for the lovely photos 🙂
That’s all for now – find us on Facebook for real-time discussions on Keevil Village, marketplace on For Sale, Free or Wanted in Keevil, or wander down memory lane on Keevil Memories… thank you for all your support, and if you have any news, pictures or stories to share, don’t hesitate to get in touch
Bob & Sarah – have a quiet but safe and merry Christmas 🙂