Welcome to another COVID-19 edition of BUZZ Roundup – keeping you up to speed with changes and any emergency planning measures here in the village.
This have been relatively quiet in Keevilshire over the last week as we all adjust to doing things differently in order to keep ourselves and others safe. Our heartfelt thanks goes out to our friends and neighbours on the front line, from the NHS to carers, keyworkers and volunteers, we are so grateful for all you are doing!
By now, of course, you would have had your KEEVIL PARISH NEWS to browse, but as you’ll know from the last Roundup, Pat was unable to get the April edition printed. You can however download it as a PDF to read on your computer or device, or print off at home: APRIL magazine 2020 Revised.
As it stands, there will be no May edition, so if you have any village news, information, updates or stories you’d like shared via the village website and BUZZ, get in touch with Bob or Sarah, details all on the Contact Form. And there’s also the KEEVIL VILLAGE Facebook Group which has proved really useful – look out for BEAR HUNT teddies popping up in windows around the village!
- We’ve added an updated version of David Bouault’s list of local services: download FOOD v2 updated 2nd April
- We’ve added a link to Wiltshire Councils Wellbeing Hub specifically for Wiltshire’s most vulnerable residents to receive support and guidance during COVID-19. The phone line is 0300 003 4576 8am-8pm Monday-Friday and 10am-4pm Saturday and Sunday or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We’ve added links to two Government guidance documents:
- Guidance for the public on the mental health and wellbeing aspects of coronavirus (COVID-19) and How to Help Safely
Other changes to village plans
- The AGM of the Keevil Community Amenities Trust will now take place via email – if there are any points you wish to put to the Trustees, please contact Janet Hopkins by the end of today April 3rd.
- The Village Hall committee will not meet for the AGM, we await further information whether it will be rescheduled, or conducted by some electronic means.
- The Diocese has now extended the deadline by which the St Leonard’s APCM needs to be held, so a new date will be agreed once the situation with Covid-19 is clearer.
- Planning Application 20/00837/FUL for development at The Beeches in Martins Lane has been APPROVED WITH CONDITIONS
- Case Officer report here
- Planning Application 20/01720/FUL for a new 1.8m high black metal bow top fencing behind boundary wall at Keevil Church Of England Primary School: a reminder that, following advice regarding COVID-19, Keevil Parish Council did NOT hold a public meeting for this application. Councillors agreed their response via email and responded No Comment. See Planning-Committee- Draft Minutes for details. Residents can give their views via Wiltshire Council’s planning portal
That’s all for now, folks. Take care, stay safe and well, keep looking out for each other, and taking sensible precautions.
Bob & Sarah