Welcome to the third edition of the BUZZ Roundup – a quick update of anything that’s changed on our village website recently and a reminder of events coming up soon.
It’s been a busy few weeks in Keevil and yours truly has plenty of images in production for your enjoyment, including Saturdays Visiting Aircraft day on Keevil Airfield, and the Keevil Railway Heritage trip to Broadway two weeks ago – huge thanks to Tony and Rachel for the extraordinary level of planning that went in to making it a fabulous day! BUZZ will let you know as soon as pictures are ready. Also, a big high five to Pat Tucker for raising £470 for the Wiltshire Air Ambulance – it’s amazing what this village will do for cake… 🙂
- Articles for October’s Parish News need to be with Pat Bartholomew by 5pm this Thursday;
- Next Wednesday 26th September is the Keevil Ramblers walk, from the lavender fields at Faulkland across lovely Somerset countryside. At less than 5 miles and relatively flat, this will be an idyllic walk not to be missed, so let Tony or Rachel know if you want to go.
Keevil Parish Council
Minutes for the Parish Council Meeting of 3rd September 2018 have been published: Draft Minutes – September 2018. After the meeting, Bob and I issued a formal response to the now minuted Item 13: Response_PC Meeting 3rd Sept 2018_item 13
18/04803/FUL Elmleaze Farm – application to convert old cow shed to 3-bed dwelling: as reported in the last BUZZ, this application was refused on 9th August: the decision letter is now available on the planning portal
18/07717/FUL Land at Martins Road (behind the recently refurbished terraced cottages): this concerns the development of a single 3 bedroom unit house with associated double garage, garden, driveway and access in what was originally the garden of the cottages.
- At the planning meeting on 8th September, Keevil Parish Council passed a motion to object to this development and have asked Cllr Jonathon Seed to call the application in to The Western Area Planning Committee. Minutes: Planning-Committee- Draft Minutes-08-Sept-2018
- Application documents can be seen here on Wiltshire Council’s website. NOTE: revised Site Plan and Design & Access Statement submitted 10th September 2018. Also note the developer has responded to a Letter of Representation.
- Consultation expiry Friday 28th September, 2018. If you wish to comment on the application you can do so here on the planning portal. Decision is expected Tuesday 9th October.
Links to the planning portal for all application documents and letters of representation can be found on the Planning Matters page.
That’s all for now. Do encourage your family, friends and neighbours to FOLLOW THE BUZZ too!