Notice of submission of a Development Plan Document (Regulation 22(3) of the Regulations) to the Secretary of State
The Wiltshire Housing Site Allocations Plan was formally endorsed by Cabinet on 3 July 2018 and approved by council on 10 July 2018. In accordance with legislative procedures, the plan, along with the council’s schedule of proposed changes, evidence documents, proposed revisions to the Wiltshire Policies Map and all representations submitted through formal consultation on the draft plan, were submitted to the Secretary of State on 31 July 2018 for independent examination.
The draft Wiltshire Housing Site Allocations Plan, a formal Development Plan Document, has been prepared in accordance with the Wiltshire Core Strategy. It will:
- Revise, where necessary, settlement boundaries in relation to the Principal Settlements of Salisbury and Trowbridge, Market Towns, Local Service Centres and Large Villages; and
- Allocate new sites for housing to ensure the delivery of homes across the plan period in order to maintain a five-year land supply in each of Wiltshire’s three Housing Market Areas over the period to 2026.
The Wiltshire Housing Site Allocations Plan submission documents can be viewed on the council’s website: http://www.wiltshire.gov.uk/planning-whsap and at all hubs and libraries. Hardcopies of the submission documents are available to view at the three main hubs during normal opening hours:
- Monkton Park, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN15 1ER
- The Council House, Bourne Hill, Salisbury, Wiltshire SP1 3UZ
- County Hall, Bythesea Road, Trowbridge, Wiltshire, BA14 8JN
Now the Plan has been submitted to the Secretary of State, in accordance with section 20 of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004 (as amended), John Mattocks BSc (Hons) DipTP MRTPI has been appointed to conduct the examination to determine whether the Plan is sound. This is a continuous process from the date of submission due to last the remainder of this year, through to the receipt of the appointed Planning Inspector’s Report.
It is anticipated that part of this process will involve hearing sessions where those invited to attend will have the opportunity to respond to matters raised by the Inspector. Once confirmed, all details relating to the examination process will be advertised, made available online and sent to those who have indicated they wish to be kept informed of the Plan’s progress.
For further information please contact the Spatial Planning team on 01225 713223 or firstname.lastname@example.org.