PERSONAL STATEMENT BY SIMON NEWTON
Q. What makes Keevil special?
A. The villagers
That’s why I’ve decided to put myself forward to re-join the Parish Council. Although relatively new to the village (4 years) versus most, I feel it is my duty and responsibility to put back in the care, support and enthusiasm that has always been shown to myself and Andrea since we joined this lovely Parish.
If successful, my focus will be in 3 core areas highlighted below to explore and drive ensuring we continue to enhance the experience and joy of living in Keevil
- Community Support and Care services
- What are the critical areas that need to be surfaced?
- What are the needs of the villagers?
- How do we maximise the support available for all?
- What will make a difference – focus on the 3 big things?
- Maintaining the integrity of the village for the people of the village
- What makes this village special?
- What are the challenges issues that need to be discussed and clarified to avoid comprising the integrity of the village?
- How do we all support the initiatives that will continue to enhance our village life
- Continuing to be welcoming to new villagers with the proactive approach shared and shown to myself and family – a community/parish that cares.
- Supporting all areas that drive engagement within the Parish, so that all can continue to enjoy this lovely village
- How do we enhance the already brilliant community spirit?
- Ensuring we have the right level of care in the community
- Where do we need to support more across all the villagers?
- Maintaining village initiatives whilst bringing new ideas and fun events
I have always been impressed with the commitment and support of this village for the Parish Council – it is now important that the Council show this back. My commitment to you all is I will drive a positive culture with its primary objective to ensure an inclusive environment that listens and actions the things that matter. An open culture that has a clear mandate to serve the Parish community and the people that live in it
I am delighted to see the number and quality of the candidates; this again underlines the importance and commitment we all have for a progressive and inclusive Council that serves you the villagers. It would be an honour to serve as a member on this Council, especially with this forward thinking and supportive group of quality people that are driven by the desire to do the right thing for our community.
Please do ensure you use your democratic right and vote on Thursday May 6th. This is your opportunity to create the Parish Council that you all deserve.
SIMON NEWTON The Warren, 82 Main Street BA14 6ND
Published on the Keevil Village website with the kind permission of its Oversight Group https://keevilvillage.com/information/about/