2019 SEASON – news update:
Well the new season is almost upon us. Excitement and anticipation is escalating. We have a new league captain, Si Emmett who is carefully corralling his troops ready for the new campaign. We have a few new players joining the ranks this year and are always open to more. Competitive stuff on Saturdays in Wiltshire Cricket League Division 3 and proper cricketing afternoon fun on Sundays from the end of April to the end of September. And a few fast paced T20 midweek games too.
Come and watch and cheer us along, particularly in the first few weeks as the league team sport their fresh and new playing kit (huge thanks to Keevilian Simon Newton for his sponsorship of the shirts!). We have repaired the benches and have a brand new supporters’ bench donated by the Keevil Drama Group following their production of the cricket caper “Outside Edge” at the end of last year.
Keevil Cricket Club is a precious thing to us all and we rely on just a few people to keep us buoyant and in good shape. We keep things simple and costs very low but there’s always lots to do on the playing square and around the ground and our fund raisers are important to ensure the ground beautiful and machinery repaired, served and updated regularly. We need a couple more benches and are looking to add to our boundary edge facilities.
We are hugely grateful for the affection and support of the village communities in raising funds for us and promoting us to the Melksham Area Board recently. We had the option to push for funding for new sight screens, although wisely we declined as the pressure from the league to have screens is more than a year away and there were many more worthy causes for the limited budget being allocated.
Our last pre-season fund raiser is a NEW SEASON QUIZ NIGHT on Friday 12th April at 7pm in the village hall. Drinks and nibbles (and glasses) available – teams of up to 6, £1 per quizzer. Our first quiz last year was a roaring success and reports suggest everyone had a whale of a time! So we’ll see you there, contact me to reserve your table.
Thanks everyone and fingers crossed for a glorious 2019 season.
Simon Tyler (07879 818148)
Saturday League (all 1pm start):
- Saturday 27th April – (Away) Potterne 3 v Keevil (moved from 04/05/2019)
- Saturday 11th May – (Home) Keevil v Lacock
- Saturday 18th May – (Away) Marshfield 2 v Keevil
- Saturday 25th May – (Home) Keevil v Trowbridge 2
- Saturday 1st June – (Away) White Horse v Keevil
- Saturday 8th June – (Away) Heytesbury & Sutton Veny v Keevil
- Saturday 15th June – (Home) Keevil v Swindon 3
- Saturday 22nd June – (Away) Chippenham 3 v Keevil
- Saturday 29th June – (Home) Keevil v Bradford-on-Avon
- Saturday 6th July – (Home) Keevil v Potterne 3
- Saturday 13th July – (Away) Lacock v Keevil
- Saturday 20th July – (Home) Keevil v Marshfield 2
- Saturday 27th July – (Away) Trowbridge 2 v Keevil
- Saturday 3rd August – (Home) Keevil v White Horse
- Saturday 10th August – (Home) Keevil v Heytesbury & Sutton Veny
- Saturday 17th August – (Away) Swindon 3 v Keevil
- Saturday 24th August – (Home) Keevil v Chippenham 3
- Saturday 31st August – (Away) Bradford-on-Avon v Keevil
Sunday Friendlies (2pm start): Sundays are your chance to get involved, playing, helping, cheering or simply walking by. Dates to come
- Sunday 12th May – home v Broughton Gifford
- Sunday 26th May – home v Gosport
- Sunday 2nd June – home v Chelsea Arts Society
- Sunday 9th June – away v Bratton
- Sunday 16th June – away v Batcombe
T20 Evening games (6.15pm start) – not quite as fast and colourful as the Indian Premier League but almost – 20 overs-a-side, always friendly and a great taster to cricket in its shorter form:
- Wed 1st May – away v Christian Malford
- Tue 21st May – away v Poulshot s
- Wed 19th June – home v Urchfont
We are always keen to welcome new players; cricket knowledge, experience, age or ability matters not a hoot. So please do come and get involved with your village cricket club. See you at The Manor.
Simon Tyler 01380 871423 / 07879 818 148 / email@example.com
About Keevil Cricket Club
Keevil Cricket Club is very fortunate to play on the delightful, quintessentially English (and infamous to many visiting teams) square and outfield in the grounds of Keevil Manor, where the views on a clear day are stunning. Come along and watch, bring a picnic, and if you fancy a game on a Sunday, nudge any one of the contacts below – men, women, boys and girls of all abilities are always welcome!
STOP PRESS! Keevil CC club merch shop is open! On and off-field kit available to order now!
Contact any of the below if you’d like a game or want to find out more:
Simon Tyler: Midweek Captain 07879 818148
Josh Hamblin: Sunday Captain 07771 361613
Photographs by Sarah Dow