Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – a quick update of anything that’s changed on our village website recently and a reminder of events coming up soon.
Ok, so where did September go? And who ordered all this rain!
Of course, September in Keevil means the start of Remembrance, and if you missed either the Double Hills memorial at Paulton, or RAF Keevil service here on Stocks Green, catch up with images from both ceremonies and all the history behind it here. We were honoured to be joined by so many Sappers this year, and they in turn hugely appreciative of the Horsa Glider memorial seat built by a handful of expert Shed members – story and pictures here.
Buzz was shocked to hear of the vandalising of the postbox in Martins Road earlier this week – possibly sometime on Tueday night or Wednesday morning. If anyone thinks they saw or heard anything, or can confirm when they last noticed it was fine (or first noticed it was damaged), please get in touch with your NHW representative or Parish Councillor.
- The George throws open it’s doors once again next Friday 18th October at 7pm for pub night in the village hall – free ploughmans with your first drink, no booking required just rock up and settle in for a natter with friends over a glass. Families and children always welcome.
- The Keevil Ramblers are out again on Tuesday 22nd October with Paul and John leading a lovely walk along the Wilts & Berks Canal from Chippenham to Lacock where we’ll have lunch at The Bell.
- Tickets are on sale for THE WHITE SHEEP OF THE FAMILY, the Drama Groups‘ major annual production on Thursday 21st, Friday 22nd and Saturday 23rd November – book now, they sell fast!
- Thursday 5th December: CHRISTMAS SHOPPING evening
- Friday 6th December: ABBA NIGHT
- Tuesday 31st December: NEW YEARS EVE Party
- Friday 17th January 2020: WASSAILING EVENING
Minutes from September’s Parish Council meeting are available here: the next meeting is Monday 4th November at 7.30pm in the village hall.
That’s all for now folks! Keep spreading the word with your family, friends and neighbours to FOLLOW THE BUZZ too!
Bob & Sarah