Welcome back to the BUZZ Roundup – a quick update of anything that’s changed on our village website recently and a reminder of events coming up soon.
Pub Night is here! The George throws it’s doors open again at 7pm tonight so drop in, have a natter with friends, say hello to new neighbours, and don’t forget the free Ploughmans with your first drink!
The Community Shed is not all about heavy duty stuff, and its definitely not just for the chaps. If you love gardening, this is the time of year we would really welcome anyone with a few hours to spare to help us spread the love around the corners of Keevil. Need ideas or have your own? No problem – talk to Geoff West or Sarah Dow, details on the Community Shed page…
- The walking group were so lucky with the weather yesterday as Isobel led a lovely ramble around Horningsham & Longleat. Fingers crossed for the same next week for Tony & Rachel’s ramble around Downside Abbey on 2nd May, and the inaugural Keevil Bimblers bimble on 21st May. June dates are also up on the website so take a look and get your diary out!
- We are so lucky to have such talented artists in our village, and fortunate indeed that they will be holding another Keevil Art Exhibition on 4th May, this time in memory of the late Dr Neil Jones, an enthusiastic and founding member of the group; there will also be cake 🙂
- Of course we’re never without a slice of cake at Tea & Chat, back on 7th May so pop in to the village hall for a cuppa and a few calories with friends 🙂
- Monday 13th May is the Annual Parish Meeting and Annual Parish Council Meeting in the village hall at 7pm
- And don’t forget the Boutique In A Bus will be parked up on the drive at Little Martins on 22nd May from 1.30pm – Rachel will also be serving tea and cake (lets be clear, one can NEVER have too much cake!) in aid of Dorothy House so do pop along.
- There is a Planning Meeting on 4th May 9.30am at St Leonards Church to discuss application 19/02525/FUL – installation of WC to the West porch with new external door, pathway and lighting. Includes new foul mains drainage and water connections. Details and links on the Planning Matters page
- Keevil School’s application 19/01975/FUL for 5 year temporary planning permission for 3 external storage sheds has been approved with conditions: FOR ONE YEAR ONLY – see Case Officers Report here, more links on the Planning Matters page
… one of the highlights of our summer, the Church & Village Fete on 29th June in the Manor grounds. Can you help with items for prizes and stalls? See the May Parish News for details, out this weekend.
That’s all for now folks! Keep spreading the word with your family, friends and neighbours to FOLLOW THE BUZZ too!
Bob & Sarah